Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ready For Monday

On the GF diet you must always think ahead. I do keep Progresso Chicken Soup with Rice and their Manhattan Clam Chowder on hand since they are gluten free. Of course, you could always just make yourself a nice omelet in a pinch for dinner as well. Work days require some thought because how many grilled chicken cesar salads (without croutons) can you order from the local coffee shop? One a week is plenty. My fall back lunch is tuna salad. It has to be Progresso tuna in olive oil. I add a lot of chopped white onion, mayo, mustard and pepper and those Kame rice crackers come along for the ride on the F train to work. One of my coworkers gave me her mom's cole slaw recipe and I do that once in a while with packaged shredded cabbage. It is sweet, better than the recipe on the bag! My left overs from dinner are often my lunch. I try not to waste too much food and I think I do a pretty good job. I really love almost every vegatable and beans. There's another option-bean salads. Chickpeas with cucumbers and onions seasoned up with salsa or black bean and corn salad. I've even done a great lima bean salad. Those salads go to the beach with me during the summer. How many more months?

No comments: