Saturday, January 19, 2008

GF puddings

When you have a sensitive stomach, it is nice to come across a dessert that actually makes you feel better! Tapioca pudding and rice pudding are perfect examples of this. I use 2% milk and when making the tapioca I use slightly less sugar than the recipe on the box calls for. I add golden raisins, vanilla extract and sprinkle on the nutmeg and/or cinnamon. This dessert stores well in the refrigerator as does rice pudding. I use arborio rice but you can also use jasmine rice. Of course, a cinnamon stick would be even better than ground cinnamon. You don't need whipped cream but a few fresh strawberries on top certainly wouldn't hurt.
I think I have gained back a few pounds and I'm going to blame it on the junk food in the teacher's lunch room. Skittles and Starbursts may be gluten free but I sure could do without them. I may have to think about how I'm going to eat less/burn more calories. That is a whole 'nother blog and as a former certified personal trainer I do know what works with out torturing myself. My excuse is the cold weather, having a job, obligations but the bottom line is-if you want to do it-you will do it.

No comments: