Thursday, January 17, 2008

Breakfast

They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. One of the benefits of the GF diet is that you can not go to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast or grab a buttered bagel from the local deli on the run. I really enjoy oatmeal or cream of rice for breakfast. I hook it up with raisins, chopped walnuts, syrup and nutmeg or cinnamon. It is delicious and does not take long to make at all. A glass of juice, your vitamins and you are good to go. I try to have a healthy morning snack as well. I tend to gravitate towards dried fruits and nuts. They are very satisfying and a great balance of protein and carbs to keep your blood sugar steady.
Of course, I need my coffee too. Thank goodness that my Starbucks double tall caramel macchiato is gluten free. Sometimes I'm in the mood for tea and I like Tetley orange pekoe hot or iced. I stay away from the hot chocolate because all that milk does not agree with my stomach. I rarely eat ice cream any more but it is good to know that Baskin Robbins has gluten free ice creams. In February I like their Love Potion 31.

No comments: