Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday night dinner

It had been a while since I cooked my grilled chicken with arugula and tomatoes. I firmly believe in making a recipe your own. Take out what you don't like, add what you do. I added cucumber to this one. The chicken is marinated in red wine vinegar, olive oil (always extra virgin) honey mustard, pepper and garlic. I toss the salad with oil, salt and pepper. I often serve this with canned corn. I've made this for family and friends and they all loved it. Quick and easy and pretty healthy if you ask me. The cheeseburgers I'm planning for tomorrow night are not quite as healthy but I will cook up plenty of white onion in extra virgin olive oil to put on top of the burger.
Speaking of healthy. Many people do not like veggies because their first exposure to them was a disaster. Canned or frozen or undercooked or overcooked or plain or poor quality. What a shame. I really think that veggies are my favorite food. I want to do more with them and will share my brussels sprouts success in my next blog.

No comments: