Sunday, April 6, 2008

Simple Yet Delicous

I saw a recipe in Cooking Light Magazine for a carrot-onion soup that caught my eye. Quick and easy. It called for yellow onions, I used white onions. I bought Key Food chicken broth which was the only one in the store that had no wheat on the label. It was not reduced sodium but I was not concerned about that. So, 4 cans of broth, 2 one pound bags of carrots (don't peel the carrots, just scrub well with a vegetable brush) and 2 onions later, I was good to go. I added pepper, a little oregano and of course, a little sofrito for extra flavor. You must use the extra virgin olive oil to saute the onions first. I sprinkled some fresh grated cheese on the finished product and Oh! Wow! Couldn't ask for more. I'm going to bring some to work tomorrow to eat with my lunch and I'm going to have some more with my dinner tomorrow. This is a recipe I will make again. It was perfect on a chilly day in April.

No comments: